Spriter Plug-in for Construct 2

First, be sure to download and install the latest version of the Spriter plugin, which you can get here: https://www.construct.net/en/construct-2/addons/177/spriter

If you don't know how to install plug-ins into C2, you can watch this video here.

Then watch the video below and follow along to export your Spriter project from Spriter and then import it into C2:

When you've made updates or additions to your Spriter project you can just repeat these steps using the same file names for your Spriter files to update your animations in your C2 project. This video shows updating step by step.

Now that you know how to import and update your Spriter project, watch these other videos below to learn how to control it with events.

Hey all, need a little help if you could.

I haven't updated my plugin is some time now. Last time I did, I downloaded a rar/zip file and extracted it to and "scml" folder in ":\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins". Now when I update with the new Plugin/method I'm wondering if I should remove the scml folder mentioned before. 

When I do remove the folder I get the following error when opening my project: 

---------------------------
Project missing files
Some files are missing from the project. They may have been deleted, or the project may be corrupt. The missing files are:

Animations\BossFlyingDrill\Default\000.png
Animations\BlockHeadBoss\Default\000.png

The project may not edit, preview or export correctly until these files are replaced.

I tried re-importing the BlockheadBoss scml file but the error still remained. Only way to get rid of the error I could find was to put the SCML folder back. Without removing the folder there is no error, but I'm not sure if the update is activated With the old plugin folder there even after restarting C2. 

Whats the best process to get the most up to date versions working?

Thanks in Advance:)

2 hours ago, MelVin said:

Hey all, need a little help if you could.

I haven't updated my plugin is some time now. Last time I did, I downloaded a rar/zip file and extracted it to and "scml" folder in ":\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins". Now when I update with the new Plugin/method I'm wondering if I should remove the scml folder mentioned before. 

When I do remove the folder I get the following error when opening my project: 

Project missing files
Some files are missing from the project. They may have been deleted, or the project may be corrupt. The missing files are:

Animations\BossFlyingDrill\Default\000.png
Animations\BlockHeadBoss\Default\000.png

The project may not edit, preview or export correctly until these files are replaced.

I tried re-importing the BlockheadBoss scml file but the error still remained. Only way to get rid of the error I could find was to put the SCML folder back. Without removing the folder there is no error, but I'm not sure if the update is activated With the old plugin folder there even after restarting C2. 

Whats the best process to get the most up to date versions working?

Thanks in Advance:)

please watch this video and see if it helps:

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Is there a working link to the Documentation for the Construct 2 plugin? I've clicked on this link from the construct page for the plugin and it says that it can not locate the item i'm trying to view, and gives me a 2F173/O error code. I want to hopefully download it just in case I lose my access to the internet during this time.

11 minutes ago, Super Meat Hands said:

Is there a working link to the Documentation for the Construct 2 plugin? I've clicked on this link from the construct page for the plugin and it says that it can not locate the item i'm trying to view, and gives me a 2F173/O error code. I want to hopefully download it just in case I lose my access to the internet during this time.

please try the link again. It works for me. We ere having server issues for a while. You should be able to save the page as HTML to use offline if need be, and there re also websites or plugins you can use to download videos from Youtube. After clearing your browser cache please let me know if the link is still not working for you.

24 minutes ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

please try the link again. It works for me. We ere having server issues for a while. You should be able to save the page as HTML to use offline if need be, and there re also websites or plugins you can use to download videos from Youtube. After clearing your browser cache please let me know if the link is still not working for you.

I tried that and it's still showing the same issue. I try again either later today or tomorrow and thank you for your help.

3 minutes ago, Super Meat Hands said:

I tried that and it's still showing the same issue. I try again either later today or tomorrow and thank you for your help.

Have you tried yet with a different browser or incogneto/private tab? I'm pretty sure the page is fine and it's an issue with the cache in your browser or IP.
If that doesn't work, download and unzip this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/142IMdqqn3pSqf3F_T7Tslxm7V1pOuKDl/view?usp=sharing

• 1 year later...
On 7/24/2021 at 7:58 PM, SiNG said:

Hello!

This plugin don't work for me!

in the editor all things its good!

But in preview , I don't see spriter charakter!!!!!

C2 Ver: R280, Spriter Ver: Spriter Pro R11, Plugin Ver: 3-8-2020 from this link: https://www.construct.net/en/construct-2/addons/177/spriter

What's the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you're following every step to properly export the project from Spriter with all the special saving options turned on, and then properly putting it all into a zip file? Could you screen record your export, zipping, and import process and the result when you preview?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Are you sure you're following every step to properly export the project from Spriter with all the special saving options turned on, and then properly putting it all into a zip file? Could you screen record your export, zipping, and import process and the result when you preview?

Ok! 

I'm will Send a video, but In the previous version, everything worked fine (plugin version)! 

• 1 year later...

Hello. I would like to learn how Spriter works better in Construct 2, but going to the link (https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3327-using-spriter-animations-in-construct-2) to download the documentation, but it says "We could not find this topic." Earlier someone already asked this question, to which you gave him several tips to solve the problem, none of them helped me. You also left a link to download the documentation from google drive, but the file is no longer available. Where to download the documentation from ? 

@Rexouer

Hello. I would like to learn how Spriter works better in Construct 2, but going to the link (https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3327-using-spriter-animations-in-construct-2) to download the documentation, but it says "We could not find this topic." Earlier someone already asked this question, to which you gave him several tips to solve the problem, none of them helped me. You also left a link to download the documentation from google drive, but the file is no longer available. Where to download the documentation from ? 

Thank link is obsolete. Here's where you should go for C2... which is also abandoned, so if someone finds new bugs in the Construct 2 Spriter plugin we likely won't fix it, or at least not quickly. 

Ahhhhhh, you are so hard to deal with!

There's a website dedicated to
 Spriter on C2 (https://www.construct.net/en/construct-2/addons/177/spriter/documentation). You can download some documentation on it. When I click on "docs" I get redirected to another site (https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3327-using-spriter-animations-in-construct-2/) which says that the necessary item is not found! How to download this documentation ?

Attaching a link to a picture 

https://imgur.com/QCTjsXP

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the confusion. I've now fixed that broken link you reported.  To clarify, it was supposed to link to where I was sending you...

Aside from the Spriter manual I also linked to, our Youtube tutorials and random forum posts, this is all the total documentation there is. 
The youtube tutorials can be found here:

So you don't have any text documentation with which to learn how Spiter works in C2? I was expecting a separate PDF or docx file that would contain a breakdown of all the events that can be used in C2. For example, I would like to know what all the actions mean (picture in the link). I would also like to know if it is possible to combine animations? I need the arms to play animation 1 and the legs to play animation 2, but I don't have to do animation 3 where they are combined. Is this possible? 

Picture https://imgur.com/a/Vzbbi7m

@Rexouer Sorry, no. I do plan on making new videos and documentation for using Spriter in construct 3, and the features and usage are virtually identical so that should suit your needs, but I'm really spread thin at the moment, and these things take a long time to make, so you should not postpone your own project by waiting for new documentation.

Most of all that (in your image) is the same as normal Construct sprites (changing animation, pausing, rotating etc.).  Blending animations literally lets you set a secondary animation for the spriter object to be "tweening" with for each frame, and to what percent, so, for example imagine if you made two different idle animations for a character, one being very energetic and well rested, and the other being really exhausted, slumped over, and breathing heavy... You could have a variable for fatigue in your game, and when the character is not moving you could always be blending the two different idle animations (very rested vs very tired) to whatever degree makes sense based on how fatigued that character is.

This typically effects all bones equally, so this alone won't give you want you want for animating the arms and legs completely separately, but there is an advanced technique for completely overriding control of specific bones and controlling them with events in Construct instead of the Spriter data.
I've never used those particular features though so I can't tell you for sure if that will give you what you want or how to do it. I'll ask Edgar (Spriter's programmer)

In the meantime, here is an old video I made which covers many of the basics for using Spriter objects in construct 2 and 3