Layer workflow in preparation for Spriter animation: Help

Hello. I'm wondering about the best way to approach this.
Currently i have a separate layer for each body parts linework. (Thigh, shoulder, eye, eyebrow, mouth, various hair pieces etc)
Each part will have an additional layer for the coloration, lighting and shading which would bring the total layers over 100+.  Detailed work.
While this makes it easier (when finished) to export individual parts and add them to spriter the work flow is much slower compared to the standard layering approaches such as outline only, base colors, shading, lighting, + other effects. Sure, you could chop up your drawing after doing this but then you will have to do more editing to get things to line up properly during animation.

What approach do you use work intended for animation or what is the best way to approach layers with detailed work intended for spine animation?

For me the 'sloppy" approach is fastest, because I approach the creation of the art as a very organic process where I start fast and lose, and change and improve everything as I go... so I get the majority of design and decision-making work done as 1 layer, then I break it into body parts by freehand selecting and copying and pasting and copying and deleting, and then finally clean up each body part, using a group with as many layers as I'd like per body part.