Could we finally have UI/Workspace saving?

EternaL

Even if maybe Spriter 2 might finally let us save the UI/Workspace, could Brashmonkey just quickly include this in Spriter Pro in a quick update or add-on? Spriter crashes frequently enough (especially when it comes to certain cases of copying and pasting bones with images attached) and the workspace is such a big deal, with all the setting ticks and window sizes and locations I have to re-set up each time I open a file. It sounds like such an easy feature to include/program in. At the very least, be sure to include this in Spriter 2. However... It may be a year or more before Spriter 2 is even fully compatible with Construct 2, (assuming it ever will be, as opposed to forcing those who want to use it to use Construct 3 instead) regarding the Spriter SCML Plugin, the import process, full functionality after export, and so on. So I strongly suggest a Spriter Pro update or add-on that allows us this simple yet effective improvement that Spriter's been lacking for years. If you actually used Spriter for intensive scene work, you would realize the need for workspace-saving, so that crashes aren't the misfortune they always are.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely making sure Spriter 2's UI is more customizable and intuitive. Unfortunately for Spriter Pro, there's not such as thing as "quickly" adding any feature, but it's possible for us to look into sometime after Spriter 2's private beta begins soon (end of 2018).

As for crashes. We're always sorry when any customer deals with any lack of stability in Spriter, but I know in your particular case you tend to be using Spriter to animate much more complex entire scenes than it was really intended for, which explains why you experience stability issues far more than the average user.

We're determined to make Sprite 2 far more capable in both stability and feature-set in allowing users like you to create beautiful and complicated cinematic scenes, but it will be a while before the majority of those specific features make it into the beta and then eventually the release of version 1.0