Does Spriter support dynamics? Hair, ribbons, etc.

Phoenix

Hi. I'm an experienced animator but need a program that handles pixel perfect bone based animations. However, due to there being so much darn fire attached to everything emitting particles by color of the whole sprite in the game engine, I'd rather use dynamics/turbulence to animate the flames rather than hand drawing all of that. Edit: To clarify, many of the fantasy creatures have fire coming out of them and my particle emiter scans a whole sprite to emit based on color (so just the fire will emit) from a sprite sheet.

So long question made short, are there any dynamic bones for hair, ribbons, bouncing jiggly things, etc in Spriter? I'm not seeing it in features or quick tutorials video. Will it be in Spriter 2? Or would I need to use IK chains on each section of flames and do it manually?

Hi, Spriter is meant for animations created manually. It doesn`t provide the features you`re asking for, as it is not meant for this purpose. A quick look at the program itself, some tutorial videos, the Spriter manual and on would have given you the same answer.

Here`s the Spriter feature list for reference:  https://brashmonkey.com/spriter-features/

Spriter is a nice tool and what it is designed for, it does it well. Not to mention that leaving "dynamic" bones to control some of  your character parts at runtime often results in not so nicely looking final result. In order to create great animations you`ll need to learn how to animate those parts, so you`ll have full control on what`s going on.