Spriter 2 teaser and pre-order sale!

Mike at BrashMonkey

We're pleased to announce that Spriter 2 is far enough along in development to release a teaser video and open it up for pre-orders.
To celebrate this milestone, we're running a pre-order sale from now until August 3rd.

Use coupon code SPRITER2 in our store to get 35 percent off your entire purchase. The retail price for Spriter 2 is not yet decided so for the duration of the pre-order sale you can pick it up for the same price as Spriter Pro.

Better still, anyone who pre-orders Spriter 2 during this sale will receive a Spriter Pro license as a free bonus.

For those who already own Spriter Pro, don't worry, you will automatically be getting Spriter 2 as a free upgrade so you do not need to pre-order or make any additional purchases. 

Both current Spriter Pro owners and those who pre-order Spriter 2 during this sale will be the first members of the community to be eligible to participate in the private beta some time in 2018. 

Stay tuned at spriter2.com, these forums, or our social media for future teasers and updates as things progress.

Please help spread the word by liking and sharing this video and our posts on social media.

Amazing work guys! Spriter is my main tool for work, i find its implementation of skin feature fastest to work with.

Best software purchase ever despite its small issues.

I know it says its free upgrade but I would of buy it again !  Actually was ready to preorder it and pay until i read its free upgrade. IMO even half the price for upgrade from 1 to 2 would be very fair.Cant wait for betatesting!

Any idea when beta will be ready?

4 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

For those who already own Spriter Pro, don't worry, you will automatically be getting Spriter 2 as a free upgrade so you do not need to pre-order or make any additional purchases. 

Does this apply to owners of the steam version of Spriter Pro as well?

1 minute ago, DryOats said:

Does this apply to owners of the steam version of Spriter Pro as well?

Yup. you're all set. You'll get it as a free upgrade and will have access to early beta if you'd like. :) No new purchases necessary for you. Same for people who purchased it from the scirra or clickteam store.

Hi, I saw Spriter2 news and it has free upgrade for people who bought Spriter Pro.  I bought Spriter Pro longggggg time ago(2014) and before I register to this webboard.

All art packs are full price to me, no discount or free.  So I worry that I can't free upgrade Spriter2 because of this.  

Are they any function in webboard that can attach my spriter license to my account?   Thank you :D

3 hours ago, saga55555 said:

Hi, I saw Spriter2 news and it has free upgrade for people who bought Spriter Pro.  I bought Spriter Pro longggggg time ago(2014) and before I register to this webboard.

All art packs are full price to me, no discount or free.  So I worry that I can't free upgrade Spriter2 because of this.  

Are they any function in webboard that can attach my spriter license to my account?   Thank you :D

When we converted to the new system we imported all customer purchase data. Do you have proof of purchase or remember what email address you used to make the purchase back then (likely your email address you used with Paypal). This will help us find the record of the purchase and merge it to your account here.
Don't reply here, please email the info to mike@brashmonkey.com and I'll try to take care of it for you.

3 hours ago, saga55555 said:

Did you previously buy all the art packs, or are you referring to the Essentials versions? The Essentials versions are the ones you should be able to download for free if you purchased Spriter Pro.

8 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Did you previously buy all the art packs, or are you referring to the Essentials versions? The Essentials versions are the ones you should be able to download for free if you purchased Spriter Pro.

I bought Spriter Pro but before I register to this webboard.  So Spriter Pro not attached in "My Purchase".  

So I'm not sure I can test Spriter 2 beta version or not.  Or srpiter 2 beta will be free download and activate by  license code? 

11 minutes ago, saga55555 said:

I bought Spriter Pro but before I register to this webboard.  So Spriter Pro not attached in "My Purchase".  

So I'm not sure I can test Spriter 2 beta version or not.  Or srpiter 2 beta will be free download and activate by  license code? 

If you find proof of purchase or remember what email address you used to make the original purchase, please email that info to mike@brashmonkey.com so I can add it to your "my purchases"

• 3 weeks later...

What will be the first engines that support spriter 2 animations?

My concern is that you will target Unity3d because its popular- but unity3d already has these features built in. Moving on to Unreal- very few people use it for 2d games..

Construct3's new license stops me from using it. Fusion 3 is nowhere near release- judging by clickteam's behavior.

Game maker would make a lot of sense.

If we want to look at open source - Gdevelop as well as Godot 3 would be fantastic!

On 8/11/2018 at 12:01 PM, blurymind said:

What will be the first engines that support spriter 2 animations?

My concern is that you will target Unity3d because its popular- but unity3d already has these features built in. Moving on to Unreal- very few people use it for 2d games..

Construct3's new license stops me from using it. Fusion 3 is nowhere near release- judging by clickteam's behavior.

Game maker would make a lot of sense.

If we want to look at open source - Gdevelop as well as Godot 3 would be fantastic!

Unity will definitely be supported but certainly isn't the only one very high up on the priority list. We're not ready to discuss this in detail yet though unfortunately. Sorry for the mystery.

• 1 month later...