• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 2:46 AM, PlayerEmers said:

aahh alright

i was going to ask the same thing xd

when is the release date?

No release date estimate. There are too many variables (no pun intended) to make a remotely reliable estimate... the best thing to do is stay tuned for updates to track its progress. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

No release date estimate. There are too many variables (no pun intended) to make a remotely reliable estimate... the best thing to do is stay tuned for updates to track its progress. 

Is there any update on the v2?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ccliffy said:

sorry for the new question but will Spriter 2 replace Spriter Pro? Or how will it differ?

(trying to decide about purchasing)

It would depend on what you have been doing or want to do with Spriter Pro. They save to completely different data formats, so animations you make with Spriter Pro won't be compatible with Spriter 2. Similarly, Spriter 2 files can't be played using Spriter Pro runtimes such as for Construct 2/3, so you'd have to wait for the Spriter 2 plug-in for any particular authoring system to use Spriter 2 anims.
The current Spriter art Packs won't work with Spriter 2. All new ones will be made over time for Spriter 2.

And while Spriter 2 is going to offer many more powerful and flexible (figuratively and literally) features for animating individual characters and entire scenes, some of the more obscure features of Spriter Pro might never end up in Spriter 2.

The best deal by far ATM is to get the Spriter 2 pre-order purchase, because you'll get Spriter Pro immediately and Spriter 2 once it comes out, and you'll be able to keep using both indefinitely. 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:25 AM, ccliffy said:

I use Game Maker now but will be transitioning to UNity soon. No need to use Construct 2/3. Not sure what benefits Spiter has over Unity's bulit in sprite/bone animation tools are

We'll be making an informative announcement in the near future which we hope will make it clear.. but in general thinks like ease of use, being able to use it outside of Unity, and special features will be the things to keep an eye out for to decide if Sprtier 2 is a tool you'll want in your belt.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I would like to purchase SpriterPro on Steam, but before I do. I would like to ask if Srpiter 2 is still in development? According to this form, things seems to have gotten

a little stale in the past few months. Can't wait to see the diff between SpriterPro and Spriter 2.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, xlordt said:

Hi,

I would like to purchase SpriterPro on Steam, but before I do. I would like to ask if Srpiter 2 is still in development? According to this form, things seems to have gotten

a little stale in the past few months. Can't wait to see the diff between SpriterPro and Spriter 2.

Thanks!

Yes, Spriter 2 is very much in development and we're working on a big update announcement. Progress can be followed here: https://brashmonkey.com/roadmap/

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

..The current Spriter art Packs won't work with Spriter 2. All new ones will be made over time for Spriter 2.

So what will happened to owners of Spriter Pro who also  have bought some packs? If Spriter Pro will upgrade to Spriter 2 all packs won't work anymore...? Hmm scary a bit. I am thinking of buying Alchemist but it will be unpleasant to lose what I paid for.

9 hours ago, Mario said:

So what will happened to owners of Spriter Pro who also  have bought some packs? If Spriter Pro will upgrade to Spriter 2 all packs won't work anymore...? Hmm scary a bit. I am thinking of buying Alchemist but it will be unpleasant to lose what I paid for.

You'll still have access to your Spriter Pro license and you can still use the art packs with Spriter Pro.
It's possible we'll eventually make a converter to convert Spriter Pro project files to Spriter 2. It's also highly likely we'll provide discount options for people with the current art packs to cross-grade to the new ones. We won't know for sure until at least a few months from now.

• 3 months later...
On 7/20/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

We're pleased to announce that Spriter 2 is far enough along in development to release a teaser video and open it up for pre-orders.
To celebrate this milestone, we're running a pre-order sale from now until August 3rd.

Use coupon code SPRITER2 in our store to get 35 percent off your entire purchase. The retail price for Spriter 2 is not yet decided so for the duration of the pre-order sale you can pick it up for the same price as Spriter Pro.

Better still, anyone who pre-orders Spriter 2 during this sale will receive a Spriter Pro license as a free bonus.

For those who already own Spriter Pro, don't worry, you will automatically be getting Spriter 2 as a free upgrade so you do not need to pre-order or make any additional purchases. 

Both current Spriter Pro owners and those who pre-order Spriter 2 during this sale will be the first members of the community to be eligible to participate in the private beta some time in 2018. 

Stay tuned at spriter2.com, these forums, or our social media for future teasers and updates as things progress.

Please help spread the word by liking and sharing this video and our posts on social media.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

We're pleased to announce that Spriter 2 is far enough along in development to release a teaser video and open it up for pre-orders.
To celebrate this milestone, we're running a pre-order sale from now until August 3rd.

Use coupon code SPRITER2 in our store to get 35 percent off your entire purchase. The retail price for Spriter 2 is not yet decided so for the duration of the pre-order sale you can pick it up for the same price as Spriter Pro.

Better still, anyone who pre-orders Spriter 2 during this sale will receive a Spriter Pro license as a free bonus.

For those who already own Spriter Pro, don't worry, you will automatically be getting Spriter 2 as a free upgrade so you do not need to pre-order or make any additional purchases. 

Both current Spriter Pro owners and those who pre-order Spriter 2 during this sale will be the first members of the community to be eligible to participate in the private beta some time in 2018. 

Stay tuned at spriter2.com, these forums, or our social media for future teasers and updates as things progress.

Please help spread the word by liking and sharing this video and our posts on social media.

My question is, I got Spriter in Steam, and I don't know if I can get Spriter 2 for free, when it is release.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, Falken said:

My question is, I got Spriter in Steam, and I don't know if I can get Spriter 2 for free, when it is release.

Yes, you will get Spriter 2 on Steam automatically and for free if you own Spriter on Steam. We can't estimate when it will reach version 1.0 and be officially released. Stay tuned on our forums here for updates and new alpha build should become available for testing and feedback purposes soon.

• 3 months later...

I will be just leaving this here. Its a comparison of what you guys achieved being earlier than spine. And what spine achieved being late than you guys and have become the industry standard. It would have been you guys who could become the leaders of this industry. Don't know what went wrong but it is what it is atm sadly. Companies ask do you know spine for jobs? No one asking how well I know spriter. People are forced to use spine to be able to earn from jobs using this kind of software for animation. Hope that changes with spriter 2. Eagerly and impatiently waiting for it.

I think its support. You need to hire customer support. Only 2 people is not enough. Maybe needs more marketing. Either way its late to move people from spine maybe? Since people spent lot of time learning it? I really want Spriter 2 to be a strong contender against spine 2D. Its monopoly by Esoteric Software when it comes to skeletal animation.

Spriter

https://gyazo.com/babff42587d166272489f47a1b9f56fa

https://gyazo.com/013400d6b8c318a4fafd6b27705c82af

Spine 2D

https://gyazo.com/e4a8bb5a66f29772590b2b125d0d7f2c